Using silk sheets for bedding has a number of different benefits. Some of those benefits will be discussed in this article. The benefits of using silk to make bed sheets are –
• The cocoons of silkworms have naturally occurring substances that are present predominantly to protect it from any harm. These cocoons are used to make the silk fibers. Since the process of extracting the fibers from the cocoon is very mild and gentle so those substances remain in the finished product as well. They protect the finished silk against dust mites, fungus, and mold and so it is a natural hypoallergenic. It is preferred by people who have asthma, allergies and sensitive skin.Learn more about this at white silk pillowcase.
• There is a popular belief that the amino acids that are present in the fibers are very good for the skin. They are known to delay the aging process of the skin and also to prevent wrinkles.
• The fiber from the cocoon is of the same diameter as steel fibers and therefore is very durable. There are different types of silk fibers but each of them has the same fiber diameter. The difference in the fibers is based on the length. Cultivated silk has very long fibers, sometimes nearly 1,600 yards long. In the case of spun or wild silk the fibers are short but are spun together to get really long strands. These fibers have a tendency to adhere to each other and so they bond to each other. This makes it unlikely that they will pull apart. This is the reason they last for many years of use.
• Also, this material is very easy to care for. It is usually preferable to hand wash it a few times in the beginning but otherwise most of them are machine friendly. Also if exposed to direct sunlight they dry very fast.
• Other benefits that this material has include its look, sheen and feel. The feel of silk against the skin is very soft and smooth making it a luxurious option. Its caress is far superior that most other fabrics. Also, being a natural fiber the fabric breathes which means it does not trap heat like synthetic fibers. Thus, it helps protect the skin against heat rashes and boils. The fabric can be used in any season because it is cool in the summers and warm in the winters. It is just perfect.